- We are committed to protecting the privacy and accuracy of your confidential information to the extent possible, subject to provisions of California state and U.S. federal law. Other than for the purposes of enabling you to display your user profile information which you may or may not connect with your reproduction attempts in order to make them citable or not, or as required by laws that guarantee public access to certain types of information, or in response to subpoenas or other legal instruments that authorize access, personally-identifiable information is not actively shared. In particular, we do not re-distribute or sell personal information collected on this website.
- Your participation and sharing of personal information on this website is voluntary, and you can opt-out at any time by deleting your account. Note that if you opt out, you will not be able to use the site to create or manage reproductions attempts, start new discussions in the Discussion Forum, or comment on existing discussions.
- Though it is not encouraged, you may delete reproduction attempts after they have been submitted to the platform. Data entered as part of a deleted reproduction attempt will be permanently deleted from the platform.
- We collect personal information such as your name, contact information including your e-mail address, position, institutional affiliation, and field for research and administrative purposes. We collect this information through the “Sign Up” form you fill out and submit.
- Web servers typically collect, at least temporarily, the following information: Internet Protocol (IP) address of computer being used; web pages requested; referring web page; browser used; date and time of activity logged. We may collect statistics identifying particular IP addresses from which our websites are accessed.
Use of collected information
- We use the personal information collected from this website for research purposes. You can opt out of this by deleting your account.
- We may also use it for the purpose of future communication to keep you informed of reviews of or comments on your reproduction attempts, activity related to your account in the Forum, and platform functionality updates. You can control the frequency of these notifications or opt out at any time by unsubscribing through your Account Settings.
- We use Google Analytics with GDPR-compliant settings for general site monitoring. You may opt out of this tracking at any time by activating the “Do Not Track” setting in your browser.
- We encrypt and store your data in a password protected location.
- We may use browser-IP-address information and anonymous-browser history to report information about site accesses. This information is generally used to improve Web presentation and utilization. UC Berkeley’s campus also may use IP address information for troubleshooting purposes.
Distribution of collected information
Your name will be displayed on reproduction attempts you initiate. You may also elect to display other personal information such as contact information. Unless you do not “publish” these attempts1 or opt out of non-anonymity2, this information will be accessible to anyone accessing the SSRP.
- You may elect to keep attempts private for a period of time, for example to review internally with a mentor, classmates, peers, or an original author. In such cases, this information will only be available to those whom you provide access (see more information in the Contributor Guide). An attempt will not be assigned a DOI until it is made public.
- If you decide to opt out of non-anonymity (i.e., you wish to remain anonymous), see this page for instructions on how to de-identify your reproduction package materials. Please be aware that these methods are not fool-proof, and it is your responsibility to de-identify your materials. SSRP is not responsible for any failures to fully de-identify these materials.
- We will not disclose, without your consent, personal information collected about you, except for the purposes described above, and for certain explicit circumstances in which disclosure is required by law.
- We will not distribute or sell personal information to third-party organizations.
Access to own information
- Questions regarding users’ rights to review, modify, transfer, restrict the processing of, or delete their previously provided personal information should be directed to email@example.com. Any disputes will be resolved under existing records regulations applicable to UC Berkeley.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are accessing this site from a country that is a member of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EAA), the processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We comply with the requirements of GDPR. For information regarding your rights under GDPR and/or UC Berkeley’s compliance with the requirements of GDPR, refer to the UC Berkeley Privacy Office’s GDPR site (link is external); or contact the UC Berkeley Privacy office: firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) or (510) 664-7775.